NFASP's mission is to secure, improve and increase affordable studio provision in the UK. We believe affordable studio providers are key to the development, success and vibrancy of the visual arts by providing low-cost studio space to artists, who are generally on low incomes.
In delivering its aims, NFASP's three main areas of activity are:
Advice & Support
• Support, develop and promote the work of our member studio providers.
• Along with its regional networks, provide advice and assistance with setting up, developing and managing studio space.
• Improve the efficiency and sustainability of the studios sector, for the benefit of all studio members and the artists and communities they support.
• Act as the principal source of information, advice and support on all aspects of artists' studio provision, and works with other advisory agencies across the UK.
• Support the development of regional networks, to help forge new partnerships and create effective knowledge-sharing and peer support at local level.
• Represent the diversity of the artists' studios sector through its membership.
• Offer a mix of networking and peer support, resources, tailored workshops and one-to-one advice to share knowledge and experience and encourage best practice.
• Commission research and generates practical Resources (some member-only), including guidance, case studies and briefings, surveys and other publications on the studios sector.
• Give access to a regularly updated database of studio groups and organisations in the UK through NFASP's Membership Directory.
• Champion the work of studio providers and campaigns to raise awareness of the sector at local and national government level. In this way, NFASP can help influence policy and decision-making in favour of the studios sector, artists and the visual arts.
• Engage in strategic collaborations with organisations within the voluntary, public and private sectors to support the development of affordable artists' studios.
Find out more about NFASP campaigns here.
Find information about the Affordable Artists' Studios sector.
To find out more about NFASP membership, go to Join.